Where to begin…
- How does a country like the United States of America elect a president like Donald Trump?
- How does a country of immigrants ban immigrants?
- How do people blindly follow a racist, ignorant, sexist, xenophile, molester and think that he will be fit for the presidency?
- How does a president call for a ban of visitors from Muslim countries while not including those that he has significant business ties to and were not directly involved in the 9/11 attacks that were 15 YEARS AGO?
- How does the president not think through the potential risk for U.S. citizens abroad and domestically due to his ban? Does he not think there will be repercussions?
- How does one ban all for the actions of a few? Should we ban all Americans from America for shooting up places here? They seem like a more plausible risk.
As a traveler, I have learned to judge little and listen. Embrace what is around you and learn from the culture you are exploring. Traveling opens your eyes to the world.
Why do I support immigrants and open borders for visitors?
Because we can all learn from them. And I would hope that they will follow the typical religious principle of “Love they neighbor as yourself” and let me across as well.
Why do I support women’s rights and reproductive choices?
Because I am a woman and I should be able to make the choice that I feel is right for my body. I’ve seen 14 year old girls pregnant with their second child, yes, their SECOND child. That is why I support reproductive rights and contraception for all because that child’s life is now permanently changed due to another child in her life. In a world where women are repressed and don’t have access to education or contraception, women cannot reach their true potential.
Why do I support the freedom to marry for all?
Because I want to marry and I did, fortunately after the rights had been issued for all in the USA. In other parts of the world, people can be killed simply for loving another human being. Whether that person be of their same sex or of a different religious background or ethnic background.
Why do I support a woman’s right to abortion?
Because who am I to judge that person’s situation. What if their spouse beats them every night? What if having a child could actually kill them? What if a young child was raped and having a child will rip apart their insides?
Why do I care about the environment?
Because my favorite thing to do in the world is go on a hike, with only my dog in tow, and see this great beauty of an earth that we have. I do not want it destroyed by us or by the high number of children we continue to produce. I will always support public transportation measures and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. I believe that every person has a right to enjoy nature and not to see it destroyed slowly but surely.
Why did I march last Saturday?
Because I believe that females’ rights should not be defined by the OLD WHITE MEN who make laws in our country. Because I did not change my name when I got married and I don’t plan on ever changing it. Why should a woman have to become the property of a male when they marry?
This administration’s policies cause me frustration everyday especially as they are not developed out of fact but out of an inflammatory reaction to hate. But I am fortunate, unlike some others. I live in a state and on a Coast where there is ample access to health care and a focus on human rights and the environment. We embrace diversity, rather than shunning it. A good number, but not all of his policies will not affect me. But it’s not me I’m worried about. It’s those who get into a tough situation, whose country is at war, whose skin color is different, who gender identity is not defined by terms others understand. How will they be affected? How can I help them?